Solar Alignment Walk
Previewed this spring as part of The New Museum's Festival of Ideas for the New City Streetfest, the Solar Alignment walk will explore the relationship with our all-pervasive yellow dwarf, and raise our levels of awareness at multiple scales--from the urban to the celestial. Participants will experience unexpected synchronicity between the sun and the city. The walk will focus on the moment when the interstellar choreography of gravity and light intersect with urban patterns in stone and concrete.
This walk holds 10 people.
- Amichai Lau-Lavie & Shawn Shafner
- Anthony Goicolea
- Ben Weber
- Karen Finley
- Kristin Geneve Young
- Michel Groisman
- Nisan Haymian
- Sarah Schulman, Todd Shalom & Niegel Smith
- Todd Shalom
- Tracie Morris
- Talk #1 Panelists (Genealogy)
- Talk #2 Panelists (Politics)
- Talk #3 Panelists (Performative)
- Talk #4 Panelists (Impossibility)
New York, NY
Please meet at the northwest corner of Bowery and Prince Street. Please wear sunglasses, if you got.