Are we sick because we are missing home or because our home, our city, is sick? In this walk, we will ask for its history, draw out its symptoms, and discuss potential remedies for homesickness. We will examine our physical surroundings as a mirror into our collective homesickness, try out possible interventions in space and discuss the theoretical perspectives offered by urban theory and environmental psychology.
This walk holds 7 people.
- The Alpine Rooster (Dannielle Tegeder & Pablo Helguera)
- Andrew Beccone
- Elastic City
- Eve Mosher
- Hayal Pozanti & Todd Shalom
- John Dixon & Ben Weber
- Juan Betancurth, Todd Shalom & Niegel Smith
- luciana achugar
- Michelle Boulé & Niegel Smith
- MoMA Workshop Participants
- Nina Katchadourian & Andrew Zarou
- Todd Shalom
- Todd Shalom & Niegel Smith
New York, NY 10013
Please meet in the middle of Columbus Park. When you are in the middle of the park, you should find a flagpole-like structure with a small round concrete bench. It is opposite the pavillion. Einat will be sitting there waiting for you.
Einat will give the walk in English but also speaks Hebrew.